Currently trending :
Can I use a Reliance Jio 4G sim in a 3G phone?
Yes, and in this blog we’ll cover everything.
All steps mentioned here and tested and working.
Method 1 :
- Download Shortcut Master (Lite) android application DOWNLOAD
- Now open Shortcut Master (Lite) and select engineering mode or service menu from main menu.
- Here you’ll a find system APP OPTION if this option is not available then dial *#2263# from dialer app. Now Go To Key Input And Enter 0000 and Wait.
- After that select System app option and you need to change LTE bands.
- Now go to Select – Protocol – NAS – Network Control – Band Selection – LTE Band and select Band 40.
- After that restart your 3G phone and enjoy reliance jio 4G sim in your 3G phone.
- Not working? Live chat instantly for help
Method 2 :
- You need to download both Xorware 2G/3G/4G Switcher & Xorware 2G/3G/4G Interface App.
- Open App and choose the network settings.
- After that Select Network Mode to 4G LTE.
- Simply click on Apply and make your changes.
- Now you can Switch off your or restart your device
IMPORTANT : Method 2 didn’t work on Samsung & Sony phones while we tested. It works fine on other phones!
Method 3 :
- Open your phone dialer and type this number *#*#4636#*#*
- You will see one page with Testing, click on Phone Information.
- Scroll down and find the “Set Preferred Network Type >> then Click on drop down menu and Select the LTE/GSM auto (PRL) option and close it.
- Restart your device.
IMPORTANT NOTE :- Works only on motorola devices. Not running an Motorola device? You can try this but also have a look at the other methods.
Method 4 (Rooted device required) :
- You must have a rooted device to proceed.
- Download XPOSED
- Install it in your device (Note : I assume no responsibility if your phone is bricked)
- Get ”
LTE Only Mode for S5 [G900F]
- Restart after running the app
Method 5 :
Before proceeding, please note that this the last method. Additionally, this is a paid method and you require money to perform this.
Some Cheap devices are listed here. They support Jio Sim & VoLTE or LTE :
1. Huawei Unlocked E3372 LTE/4G 150 Mbps USB Dongle – White (INR 2670)
2. Unlocked Official Airtel 4G Router (INR 2699)
3. Official JIO Router (INR 1999)
Not with any of these? The last thing you can do is get a 4G Phone.
- Cool Pad – Note 5 (INR 10,999) (High Quality LTE + VoLTE)
- Micromax Canvas Amaze VoLTE (INR 5,700 ) (Medium Quality VoLTE + LTE)
- Yu Yuphoria (INR 5,499) (Limited LTE + Supports JIO on slow conection but cheap)
- JIO Earth 1 (INR 19,000) (Superb quality, VoLTE + LTE at amazing speeds)
Want to go cheaper?
- JIO Flame 3
- JIO Flame 4
- Get JIO Flame Collection for cheap prices
Prices may differ. JIO or manufacturers hasn’t changed anything as of 29/11/16 These methods may not work. If they brick your device, we won’t be responsible.